Divorce and Legal Separation in Arizona
Located in Phoenix, The Baker Law Firm, LLC represents men and women in the Phoenix area and throughout Arizona in dissolution of marriage matters, as well as their post-divorce modification issues. We understand the emotional and stressful toll a change in your family status can take on you and your children, and we work with you to minimize your stress by explaining to you the family law process, your options, and your rights.
Experienced Phoenix Divorce Attorney Handling All Your Family Law Needs
Arizona typically has a 90-day residency requirement before you can file for divorce. As an experienced divorce lawyer, Michael Baker can assist you with all aspects of your divorce, legal separation or annulment, including:
- Divorce planning and preparation prior to a divorce if you are contemplating dissolving your marriage
- Filing a divorce petition or responding to divorce or dissolution of marriage papers if you have been served — we can handle a contested divorce or uncontested divorce
- Child custody issues — including determining physical child custody and legal child custody, identifying child visitation (sometimes referred to as parenting time) schedules, and assisting with modification of custody or visitation when necessary
- Child support matters — including establishing child support and assisting with child support enforcement issues
- Spousal support — sometimes referred to as alimony or spousal maintenance, the amount of spousal support (and if support should even be ordered) is determined on a case-by-case basis
- Division of marital property — Arizona is a community property state. If property division (division of marital assets and debts) is handled by the court, the court will attempt to equitably (fairly) divide any assets acquired during the marriage. Many factors are considered to determine what is fair. Asset and business valuations are also necessary in some situations to ensure property and debt settlements are fair. We can assist in asset classification and valuation issues, discovery of hidden assets, and other marital property issues.
- Post-divorce modifications — including child custody and visitation modifications, child support modifications, and spousal support modifications
Arizona is considered a no-fault divorce state. Therefore, the circumstances triggering the divorce will not be considered in dividing marital assets and marital debts or in determining alimony. We can effectively represent your interests throughout the divorce process.
We are also equipped to advise clients on divorce-related matters involving:
- How to deal with complex issues regarding foreclosure and marital property equity concerns during divorce
- Addressing the unique issues in a military divorce, such as division of retirement pension benefits
- Determining if a premarital or postmarital agreement should control asset and debt division or other issues in divorce
Contact an Experienced Arizona Legal Separation Lawyer and Divorce Attorney
For more information about Arizona divorce laws or to discuss your legal separation or divorce concerns with an experienced Phoenix divorce attorney, please call us at 602-842-0359 or contact our law firm online to arrange a consultation.