Partner With A Skilled Drug Defense Lawyer
At The Baker Law Firm, LLC, our experience and knowledge of state and federal drug charges allow us to construct powerful defenses against drug charges.
At the same time, we work to communicate with you, so that you understand the charges brought against you, how the criminal justice process works, and what our legal strategy is. We discuss the pros and cons of going to trial, the evidence against you, and a course of action we believe will yield the best possible results.
We propose strategy – but the ultimate decision about proceeding to trial is yours .
This approach applies to every kind of drug charge, from misdemeanors to felonies. We have succeeded many times in all of these situations:
- Drug paraphernalia possession: Paraphernalia may include pipes, razor blades, even plastic bags for packaging marijuana.
- Meth: Selling or manufacturing methamphetamines can result in state or federal charges, depending upon the amount of the drug involved and other factors.
- Cocaine: We defend against charges of possession or sale of either powder or crack cocaine.
- Prescription drugs: You can be charged with faking prescriptions, forging prescriptions, and attempting to have legitimate prescriptions filled multiple times at different pharmacies.
- Possession with intent to sell: Having large amounts of any controlled substance or packing equipment may lead to a charge of drug possession with intent to sell.
- Importation and transportation of illegal substances: Law enforcement keeps an eye on shippers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL, and the U.S. Postal Service. Many clients charged with drug trafficking were arrested in sting operations at shipping facilities like these.
State and federal drug sentences are onerous. Guidelines often require stiff mandatory sentencing. Judges follow these guidelines unless we can show significant mitigating circumstances. Our attorneys are skilled at presenting compelling arguments for penalties that are less harsh, often securing reduced sentences for our clients.
In a criminal trial, you do not have to prove you are innocent. You only need to convince the jury that the prosecution has not made its case against you. Our lawyers focus on how the prosecution presents its evidence against you. We make sure that any search or seizure conducted did not violate your constitutional rights. If your rights were violated, or proper procedures were not followed, our attorneys seek to have charges dismissed, or to have improper evidence suppressed.
Our attorneys also seek to lower charges by contesting the amount of the controlled substance cited in the charges against you. We develop arguments based on the difference, for instance, between actual possession and constructive possession.
Need to know more about our drug defense? Contact our office in Phoenix to schedule a confidential consultation. We are available at 602-842-0359. Remember: at our law firm, the client always comes first.